El divendres, 19 d=E2=80=99abril del 2024, a les 11:17:09 (CEST), Anna (cyb= ertailor)=20 Vyalkova va escriure: > Hi, >=20 > I'd like to develop Nim applications (with possible GUI support via > nimqt) but this language lacks support for any standard build system. >=20 > So that's the thing I'm focused on right now (just happened to also be > my favorite thing). >=20 > Alternatives I considered: >=20 > 1. Procedure described in "CMakeAddNewLanguage.txt". First of all, > that's scary and second it doesn't cover my use case: Nim is not a > compiler but rather a transpiler. It compiles Nim code into C/C++/JS > code and then calls system compiler to get native binaries. These steps > could be separated. >=20 > 2. Going with my own "nim-for-cmake" module library. That's possible but > requires lots of boilerplate code that can be avoided if these modules > become part of ECM. >=20 > I've implemented an alternative build system for Nim's "nimble" packages > before so I know the necessary steps: 1) find the compiler, 2) find the > deps, 3) generate a json-script, 4) extract the depfiles, 5) execute the > script. >=20 > Can I start making such ECM module or should it be a separate CMake > module library? You will probably find more people that know about ECM in kde frameworks de= vel=20 mailing list than here, this list is nowadays pretty dormant. My suggetsion would be, talk to the cmake folks, they are a relatively open= =20 bunch of people that like their build system to support as many things=20 possible and what you really want is to have support in cmake itself, not=20 having to include some extra stuff to make it work. Cheers, Albert