List:       kde-buildsystem
Subject:    Severe behavioural change regressions in release branch
From:       Ben Cooksley <bcooksley () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-10-23 21:05:37

Hi all,

It would appear that CMake 3.0 to 3.1 introduces a colossal change in
behaviour. This change totally breaks all KDE projects which use
Extra-CMake-Modules, as necessary headers are no longer installed.

This has become an issue following http://build.kde.org/job/cmake/160/
which has led to a significant number of our projects failing to build
from source as can be seen here -
http://build.kde.org/view/Frameworks/

Someone needs to investigate this before CMake 3.1.0 goes out the door
and fix it. I've no idea what the policy is in the CMake world, but in
the KDE world this sort of compatibility breakage would be a release
blocker.

Regards,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin