List:       kde-buildsystem
Subject:    Re: Buildsystem TODO list
From:       Raphael Kubo da Costa <rakuco () FreeBSD ! org>
Date:       2011-08-23 0:11:11

Alexander Neundorf <neundorf@kde.org> writes:

> Take care of Strigi, Nepomuk & Soprano buildsystem-wise
>
> Allen wrote last week to kde-buildsystem that there are multiple
> FindSoprano.cmake files, they differ and they need work.
> I would add that personally I'm still somewhat confused by Strigi, Nepomuk,
> Soprano, Raptor, Virtuoso and friends, and since they all belong somehow
> together, it would be nice if somebody would volunteer to take care of the
> cmake stuff for them.
> This means:
> - take care of the Find-modules
> - the projects themselves (Strigi, Nepomuk, Soprano) should install
> Config.cmake files to help with finding them
> - keep an eye on which of those packages are optional to kdelibs/parts of KDE
> frameworks and make that work properly

Should the projects under KDE (Strigi, Nepomuk, Soprano) only install
Config.cmake files so that we only provide Find* files for the ones over
which we do not have much contorl (Raptor, Virtuoso etc)?

> Upstreaming stuff into CMake
[...]
> * MacroBoolTo01.cmake is used a lot. But is it actually still necessary ?
> Where and how is it used ?
[...]
> * CheckStructMember.cmake:
[...]
> It would be a good idea to find all uses of check_struct_member() in KDE SC,
> and put them into a standalone CMakeLists.txt.
[...]
> * CheckPointerMember.cmake
> same as above. It would be nice to put all test(s) from KDE SC which use
> check_pointer_member into a standalone CMakeLists.txt, and then check whether
> the same could be done using CheckStructHasMember.cmake, coming with cmake.
[...]
> * CheckPrototypeExists.cmake
> Where is this used ?  Who is 1d0e1a0 ? Can the same be tested e.g. with
> check_symbol_exists() ?

FWIW, this is probably just a matter of using lxr.kde.org (using the
"general search" page).