On Tue, 24 May 2011, Alexander Neundorf wrote: > On Sunday 22 May 2011, Alexander Neundorf wrote: >> On Sunday 22 May 2011, Kevin Kofler wrote: >>> On Sunday 22 May 2011, Alexander Neundorf wrote: >>>> So, what I'm doing right now for kdesupport is to create one >>>> CMakeLists.txt, which contains all the contained projects (automoc4, >>>> phonon, attica, akonadi, ...) via the externalproject()-feature from >>>> CMake. >>>> What it does, is it gets and updates all the sources from git, >>>> configures, builds and installs them. >>>> So it feels almost like it did before. >>> >>> Unfortunately, this is of no use for us packagers because we are banned >>> by policy (and at least in Fedora, this is enforced by the build system) >>> from downloading stuff during build. We can only work from tarballs. (If >>> we want to package a snapshot, we have to check it out, tar it, then >>> package the resulting tarball.) >> >> I'll see whether I can do something for this. >> >> Alex > > Looks good :-) > I have here now a CMakeLists.txt for kdesupport, which downloads everything > from git and builds it. > But on "make package", it creates basically a package of the downloaded > sources together with a matching CMakeLists.txt (which then doesn't download, > but just uses the already present sources). > I.e. > you could do "cmake " , then "make package" (or maybe some custom > target), and then you'd have a tgz of kdesupport which you can unpack and > build anywhere. > Would that help your case ? > > Alex Hi Alex Absolutely! I have no issues with creating a comprehensive tarball myself. In fact, if this allows me to build a single monolithic kdesupport package again, then you provide what I need. The resulting kdesupport source tarball will then of course also be available to other interested parties, since Slackware (and/or my own test repository) will provide this source tarball along with the binary Slackware package. I think it would be awesome if this should be repeated for the other tarballs which got split (kdeedu, and I think kdebase too but I have not yet looked closer). Cheers, Eric -- Eric Hameleers Jabber: alien@jabber.xs4all.nl _______________________________________________ Kde-buildsystem mailing list Kde-buildsystem@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-buildsystem