List:       kde-buildsystem
Subject:    Re: BUNDLE_INSTALL_DIR
From:       Mike Arthur <mike () mikearthur ! co ! uk>
Date:       2010-03-17 20:32:25

On 17 Mar 2010, at 20:09, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Can you please explain ? What is not found ?
> Do you have an idea how to do it properly ?
> When I installed KDE4 on a Macbook, it was working quite ok, I was using e.g.
> kate all the time, which is installed as a bundle.

I'm probably misunderstanding but surely runtime resources won't be found properly? \
That's not my real reason though, it's more that it's annoying/surprising for a \
developer to download the KDE source and have a bunch of files install outside of the \
prefix. I don't have a problem with the  /Applications installation (as it seems to \
work for you), I just debate if it should be the default in debug mode for a fresh \
build.

> > Ideally we should get the OSX version so it has self-contained bundles
> > which have been properly "fixed-up" but at the moment the number of runtime
> > dependencies make this pretty hardcore at the moment. Hopefully some of the
>
> Feel free to make it work properly on OSX, I'd be happy about that :-)

That's the plan, eventually. I'm getting there slowly, getting stuff working in \
Homebrew is my first step here.

--
Cheers,
Mike Arthur