List:       kde-buildsystem
Subject:    Re: Optional vs Required Dependencies
From:       Mike Arthur <mike () mikearthur ! co ! uk>
Date:       2009-12-15 15:40:18

On 15 Dec 2009, at 15:17, David Faure wrote:

> We already do that quite a lot.
>
> I assume you have some specific dependencies in mind,
> because otherwise the answer is only "yes, we have both kinds of
> dependencies already, see the output of cmake in a kde module".
> I suggest that you tell us more about which required dependencies
> you would like to see turned into optional ones.

I should have phrased myself better. I guess I meant to ask a question: what makes \
something a required vs optional dependency? Obviously Qt is required but beyond that \
I'm sure you could compile some parts of KDELibs with nothing else and probably get \
something installable. Interested in your thoughts.

Thanks :)
--
Cheers,
Mike Arthur