List:       kde-buildsystem
Subject:    KdePimlibs overriding CMAKE_MODULE_PATH
From:       Alex Merry <kde () randomguy3 ! me ! uk>
Date:       2009-06-06 23:39:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

In KdepimLibsConfig.cmake.in, which is used to generate a file included when
you do find_package(KdepibLibs), the KdepimLibs cmake module directory
(typically the same as the KDE cmake module directory) is added to the front
of CMAKE_MODULE_PATH.

If an application/module/whatever sets its CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to something
local before calling find_package(KdepibLibs), as kdenetwork does for example,
the local cmake module directory is overridden by the installed KDE one.  This
leads to things like the wrong FindLibKNotificationItem-1.cmake file being
included by KGet, and the kdenetwork build failing.

My question: is the correct solution to change KdepimLibsConfig.cmake.in to
append (rather than prepend) its directory to CMAKE_MODULE_PATH?  Is this
likely to cause any other problems?  And should this be documented somewhere?

Alex

--
Why have I got six monitors?  Because I haven't got room for eight.
  -- Terry Pratchett