List:       kde-buildsystem
Subject:    CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo description in TechBase
From:       Raphael Kubo da Costa <kubito () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-03-25 4:00:26

Hello,

I was reading the description of the different values for
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE in
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/CMake/Build_Types and saw that the
"Debugging Features in Detail" table shows RelWithDebInfo as including
support kDebug and qDebug.

However, looking at
http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake
the CXXFLAGS for this build type is defined as follows:

   set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELWITHDEBINFO "-O2 -g -DNDEBUG -DQT_NO_DEBUG")

Which effectively turns off kDebug (lines 44-47 in
kdelibs/kdecore/io/kdebug.cpp) and possibly qDebug as well (I didn't
look at qt-copy's source to check for QT_NO_DEBUG). My trunk was
compiled with RelWithDebInfo and almost no kDebug messages were shown
(though some were, for some reason, specially when no area was
explicitly passed to it).

So, is the article wrong?

Thanks,
Raphael