Hi Sune, On Sunday 24 August 2008, Sune Vuorela wrote: > On Sunday 24 August 2008 23:25:03 Mike Arthur wrote: > > In my experience using CPack however I'm pretty sure we could get the > > package generators in such a state that they could be used downstream. > > My impression (without much look at it) is that the deb support might be > producing technically valid debian packages, but not of a quality > suitable for debian. > > .. and some guy within the last months came by debian developer maillist > talking about how he implemented the .deb support - and a few mails > later he said that he never read the debian packaging policies, but just > reverse engineered .deb packages. > > That has at least convinced me to not spend any further time looking at > the .deb support in cmake in the near future. There can't be that much wrong with the generated deb packages, at least I don't see how there could be problems which couldn't be fixed. Concrete input from actual debian packagers would be the best way to get it into a shape where you would accept it :-) Alex _______________________________________________ Kde-buildsystem mailing list Kde-buildsystem@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-buildsystem