On Thursday 24 July 2008, Dirk Mueller wrote: > On Wednesday 23 July 2008, Alexander Neundorf wrote: > > you committed a lot of link fixes in the last days. > > Since I don't have the compile-power to check it myself, does everything > > in KDE/ now link correctly again ? > > everything but kdepim it seems, thats a bigger pain to get right. you can > watch the status at http://developer.kde.org/~dirk/dashboard > > > If so, what do you think about removing the option and making the reduced > > linking the default in trunk next monday ? > > Thats what I wanted to propose as well, you just wrote the email faster. :) So it seems we agree :-) > > And, what do you think about 4.1 branch ? It would be nice if we would > > have it there too, as soon as possible. > > It is possible to backport the changes, but there might be new link > failures in unusual configurations.. tricky to get right in that short > amount of time. Yes, that's true. > > Oh, I just noticed 4.1.0 has been tagged yesterday. So if we do this for > > 4.1.1, we'll kind of break compatibility between 4.1.0 and 4.1.1. > > we "only" break source compatibility, not binary compatibility. so its > possible to do that for 4.1.1. > > Which part do you want to have backported? the link line fixes or the > actual dependency reduction patch (with the LINK_INTERFACE_LIBS)? As much as possible as soon as possible. I think this means the link line fixes for 4.1.0 and the reduction patch directly after 4.1.0, so it can get into 4.1.1. > > P.S. did I miss a reminder email "4.1.0 will be tagged tomorrow" or > > something like this ? This would have been nice. Or is the average > > developer now expected to subscribe to kde-releaseteam ? > > No, but knowing about freezes. There was no announcement on Yeah, I did know them, but I wasn't sure they were still valid since nothing was announced in advance or directly after the tag had been created. > kde-cvs-announce this time because we often got complains about the mail > "flood". Well, seems like it is necessary after all. Yes, I'd say so :-) Alex _______________________________________________ Kde-buildsystem mailing list Kde-buildsystem@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-buildsystem