On Sunday 29 June 2008, Modestas Vainius wrote: > Hello, > > Ok, my comments about your reduced_linking_2.patch can be found below: Thanks for reviewing :-) > > khtml > > LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES "kparts;kjs;kio;kdeui;kdecore" > > Please drop kjs. It is definitely excess here because none of our > target_link_libraries fixes has ever included it. Ok. > > krosscore > > LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES "kdecore;${QT_QTSCRIPT_LIBRARY}; > > {QT_QTXML_LIBRARY}") > krosscore public headers do not include any KDE specific headers. Replace > kdecore with QtCore. Ok. > The only QtXml user is kross/core/action.h > fromDomElement/toDomElement. I don't think this is enough to link all > krosscore users against QtXml. Hmm, is it a real problem if QtXml is listed here ? It shouldn't add more package dependencies (QtXml should be installed anyways when KDE4 is installed). > > krossui > > LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES "krosscore > > In addition, you probably want to add QtGui here. Ok. > > kio > > LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES "kdeui;kdecore;${QT_QTNETWORK_LIBRARY}; > > ${QT_QTXML_LIBRARY}" > Could you please justify QtNetwork and QtXml here? None of public kio > headers need QtNetwork (actually, QtNetwork is not worth bundling with > anything). QtXml users are kbookmark*.h (internal method) and davjob.h. In > my opinion, they are not good enough reason to pull QtXml. Application can > specify it manually. However, it is true that there will be relatively many > linking failures due to missing QtXml. That's the justification. Avoiding too much breakage. > > kdeui > > LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES > > "kdecore;${QT_QTSVG_LIBRARY};${QT_QTGUI_LIBRARY}" > > It is true that kdeui exposes QtSvg, but kdeui is used extensively in KDE > (directly and via kio and its dependencies). QtSvg is needed used by ~13 > targets in official KDE modules whereas kdeui is probably needed by ~90% of > all KDE applications. Hence, I don't think it is worth to have in kdeui > interface libraries. Hmm, see above. Is it a real problemm if it is listed ? I don't have a strong opinion about it, but I'd like to keep breakage low. > > kdecore > > LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES "${QT_QTDBUS_LIBRARY};${QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY}") > > It is true that kdecore/util/klauncher_iface.h exposes QtDBus interface. > But the need for it rarely comes from klauncher_iface users. It is true, > that QtDBus is needed by ~40% KDE applications (libraries, kioslaves and > other stuff usually don't need it) so you would get a lot of linking > failures due to QtDBus. That's why I'd really like to have it here. > In addition, it is a good idea to set LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES for: > > kdnssd -> ${QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY} > ktexteditor -> kdeui;kparts > kdesu -> ${QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY} > knewstuff2 -> ${QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY} > knotifyconfig -> ${QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY};${QT_QTGUI_LIBRARY} > kpty -> kdecore > kutils -> kdeui > solid -> ${QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY} > ${KJSEMBEDLIBNAME} -> "${KJSLIBNAME};${QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY} > > I can prepare a patch with all these changes if you agree with them. Yes, please. Dirk, comments ? Alex _______________________________________________ Kde-buildsystem mailing list Kde-buildsystem@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-buildsystem