List:       kde-buildsystem
Subject:    Re: Reducing excess linkage - cmake 2.6 IMPORTED targets and
From:       Alexander Neundorf <neundorf () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-06-25 22:24:34

On Wednesday 25 June 2008, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 June 2008, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > After you pushed so much, is there now actually any interest in this ?
>
> there is interest, I have a local project which builds (well, doesn't
> build) with the experimental link-reduction. I've been wondering though why
> you're not committing the kdelibs link line fixes to trunk? they can't hurt
> as long as experimental link reduction is not enabled, does it?

Currently this patch does two things
-it adds more libs to the TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES() calls - wouldn't hurt to
commit that part
-it sets the LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES target property - this can hurt with
cmake 2.6 even if that option is not enabled

I don't see a lot of sense in committing only the first part of it. If you
think it makes sense, I can do that tomorrow.

> > The release is in more or less one month, so it is really getting late...
> > I need your feedback and work to get this integrated into svn.
>
> I have a couple of patches, let me clean them up and post them later today
> (really need to get something done elsewhere at the moment, sorry).

No problem :-)

Alex