On Wednesday 21 May 2008, Alexander Neundorf wrote: ... > > Well, that's not a bad idea. kdelibs and kdepimlibs can generate two > > dependency files with cmake 2.6: > > > > 1) Old with _LIB_DEPENDS. > > 2) New with IMPORTED targets and LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES in effect. > > Please update kdelibs from svn (or at least kdelibs/CMakeLists.txt and the > new kdelibs/CreateKDELibsDependenciesFile.cmake). > > I implemented it a bit (quite) different. > If you enable the new option KDE4_ENABLE_EXPERIMENTAL_LIB_EXPORT, the > target property LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES will be queried for all library > targets and set()-commands will be generated after the ones from > export_library_dependencies() so they override these values. > This should be very compatible to the cmake 2.6 behaviour, where the full > list of libs is used if this property hasn't been set. > This means we will have identical behaviour with cmake 2.4 and 2.6 and once > we require cmake 2.6 the work done now is what we will need then too (and > adding the exports). > > This means to make this work for you you have to set the > LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES property for the library targets. This shouldn't > be a problem no matter whether you are using cmake 2.4.x, cmake 2.6.x or > whether this option is enabled or disabled. > If it is disabled, the property will be set but it will be completely > ignored. If it works for you, and also Dirk agrees, and also the release > team agrees, I'd enable this always under UNIX (not APPLE). Dirk, Sune, Modestas, any comments or interest in this ? Alex _______________________________________________ Kde-buildsystem mailing list Kde-buildsystem@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-buildsystem