List:       kde-buildsystem
Subject:    config.h.cmake issue ?
From:       faure () kde ! org (David Faure)
Date:       2006-05-03 20:38:38

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 20:37, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> This does not mean that #ifdef HAVE_ is bad.
It's bad because one doesn't notice if one forgets to include config.h or \
config-foo.h, but this is kind of unrelated to this discussion, it's an orthogonal \
idea that I had.

> PCRE_FOUND is an implementation detail of macro_optional_find_package.
> Wouldn't it be better to be at the same level for adding the define like
> shown below ?
>
> ? macro_optional_find_package(PCRE)
> ? add_package_define(PCRE HAVE_PCREPOSIX ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/global.h )

This is just one case. Most things do not come from packages. Think about
  check_include_files(sys/types.h   HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H)
this one would need to take a file into which to put the define, too, or with my \
solution it's simpler because we can then just add  add_define( \
${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/config-lowlevel.h HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H ) Same for \
check_library_exists, check_function_exists, etc. Instead of extending all of those \
to tell them into which file to put the result, I think it's simpler and cleaner to \
just separate the checking and the writing out to a .h file.