William A. Hoffman schrieb: > At 09:45 AM 3/1/2006, Brad King wrote: > >> Ralf Habacker wrote: >> >>> Brad King schrieb: >>> >>>> Please run >>>> >>>> make clean VERBOSE=1 >clean.log 2>&1 >>>> >>>> and send me the output (off the list to avoid clutter). >>>> >>> here is it. >>> >> Wow, the clean command line is 8459 characters long. I bet the windows >> shell has a limit of 8K on its command line. We'll have change CMake to >> write the clean list to a file and invoke a command that reads the file >> and deletes files listed. I'll add it to my todo list. >> I saw a directory CMakeFiles/kio.dir containing all the intermediate files. Wouldn't reduce delete all *.obj (or whatever objectfile extension is used) in one command the command line size very much without the effort to write an additional command file ? For mingw and kio dir this command would be del /Q /F CMakeFiles/kio.dir/*.obj > > For now, I would recommend out of source builds, and rm -rf *. > which works only on unix or cygwin, not mingw, see above Ralf