List:       kde-bindings
Subject:    Re: [Kde-bindings] Rescuing PyKDE's twine2 from gitorious
From:       Scott Kitterman <kde () kitterman ! com>
Date:       2015-04-08 13:11:48

One issue you've got, that I can tell by the dependency list in the patch, is
that this is meant to run with python3.

It runs ~fine with Qt/PyQt 5.2 then, but that's too old for the current Kf5.  I
tried it with Qt/PyQt 5.4.1 and ran into an error with a new file/type added in
the mean time in PyQt5:

File: '.../share/sip/PyQt5/QtCore/qpycore_virtual_error_handler.sip' Line: 21
Syntax error in input. Token type: ID, token value: VirtualErrorHandler, lex
state: variable

This is what's in the file:

%VirtualErrorHandler PyQt5
    pyqt5_err_print();
%End

It looks like siplexer.py and/or sipparser.py need to be extended to support
this.  Suggestions anyone?

Scott K