I've been looking at the issues when building PyKDE using recent versions of SIP (ie. v4.15.x). Here is an explanation of what (I think) is going on and what needs to be done to fix it. In short it's a combination of SIP, PyQt and PyKDE bugs. I believe that the SIP and PyQt bugs are now fixed. PyKDE has a number of bugs where some private reimplementations of virtuals are missing from the .sip files. Two examples are Akonadi::FavoriteCollectionsModel::setSourceModel() and KRecursiveFilterProxyModel::filterAcceptsRow(). Prior to SIP v4.15 this resulted in the generation of incorrect, but compilable, code. Changes in SIP v4.15 meant that, if the .sip files are correct, then the correct code is generated. If not then the generated code will not compile. The changes in SIP v4.15 were themselves buggy (but that didn't affect PyQt) and that was only partially resolved in SIP v4.15.1. The current SIP snapshot is fixed properly. There is a completely separate bug in PyQt v4.10.3 which means bad code is generated only if bindings are created for a sub-class of QSyntaxHighlighter and the -P flag is not passed to sip. PyKDE seems to fall into that category. The result is the compiler complaining about qtgui_wrap_ancestors(). So... - Switch to using the current SIP snapshot. I will release a new version of SIP when these issues are resolved. - Work through each compilation failure updating the .sip files as appropriate. Let me know of any issues that don't seem to be attributable to what I have described. - Update the PyKDE build process so that -P is always passed to sip. This will result is smaller bindings anyway. If you really don't want to do this then switch to the current PyQt4 snapshot. Phil _______________________________________________ Kde-bindings mailing list Kde-bindings@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-bindings