List:       kde-bindings
Subject:    Re: [Kde-bindings] Qt, Qyoto buttons work intermediately
From:       linuxoidoz () yahoo ! com ! au
Date:       2010-02-20 14:30:24

Sorry, I've probably confused you by windows, they're not actually windows but rather \
QStackedWidget pages. Here's my example:

I'm writing an application to convert video, audio and image files. So in its basic \
form I want to have a main general class with a StackedWidget and separate classes \
which will draw different gui widgets on different StackedWidget pages. So

1. I have a MainWindow class - main class with QStackedWidget
2. class StartWindow - start page with 3 button: Video, Audio, Image
3. class VideoWindow - video converter page
3. class AudioWindow - audio converter page
3. class ImageWindow - image converter page

But I don't want to draw 4 pages (because only one will be displayed at a time and \
also to minimise the code). So I only create the start page and a second page based \
on what button has been pressed on the start page. And then just switch between the \
two by changing the StackedWidget page index. And when you return to the start page, \
the other page is destroyed. Confused? Well, what I can't figure out is, for example, \

1. How can I add a Video page to the StackedWidget from StartWindow if the \
StackedWidget itself is declared in MainWindow? How do you pass the page reference in \
the signal/slot which will do the page switch? 2. Or even simpler, how can I change \
text in the status bar from another page if the status bar is declared in MainWindow? \
How do you pass a reference to the main window status bar in a signal declaration? \
How can you pass that variable if it only takes types? \