List:       kde-bindings
Subject:    Re: [Kde-bindings] Qt, Qyoto buttons work intermediately
From:       Arno Rehn <arno () arnorehn ! de>
Date:       2010-02-16 8:54:18

On Monday 15 February 2010 23:12:27 Linuxoid Oz wrote:
> >I just committed another fix which makes this works. Thanks for the
> >report!
>
> Thank you all for your help, really appreciate it.
>
> So, should I initiate my main window as:
> MainWindow win = new MainWindow();
> win.Show();
Rather with

class MainClass {
	static MainWindow win;

	public static int Main(string[] args) {
		win = new MainWindow();
		win.Show();
	}
}

Creating a local variable won't prevent the GC from marking the window as
unused, because after the Show() call there are nor more references to it. A
static member variable makes it accessible to other methods, though, and thus
prevents the GC from collecting it.

This is only necessary if you don't use the committed fix.

> What should I do with
>  the patch?
Apply it?

>  Is it  available in the openSUSE build service as an
> rpm?
I don't know. I don't use opensuse or any other distro supported by the build
service.

--
Arno Rehn
arno@arnorehn.de