Hi all, Richard and me talked yesterday about getting the konsolepart working with ruby. It doesn't work with the code in trunk for now. Code example: http://pastie.org/809341 Using the konsolepart in c++ (example from dolphin): http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/apps/dolphin/src/panels/terminal/ In the ruby example you get a konsole widget shown, but it doesnt do what a konsole should do: providing a shell. Richard said the konsolepart bases on a really weird header file and would be need special handling in language bindings. So the questions is: - Should we try to ask the konsole KPart people to create a clean interface that could be easly wrapped? - Should we just add the part with its interface as it is? and how could do the job? I've never learnt c++ well enough to know what they (the kparts people) did there. - Is there another way to get something like the konsolepart working with ruby? Any other ideas/proposals? Best regards, Robert _______________________________________________ Kde-bindings mailing list Kde-bindings@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-bindings