List:       kde-bindings
Subject:    [Kde-bindings] PerlQt CPAN rights transfer
From:       Ashley Winters <jahqueel () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2010-01-20 8:03:18

Hello all,

I've granted Chris Burel and Eric Wilhelm co-maintainer status of the Qt module on Perl's CPAN, \
in case one of them wants to update the software available to CPAN users. I recognize there's a \
large disparity between what they might individually choose to release as the next version, but \
I imagine there's a possibility for consensus.

I'll defer to others on the future of PerlQt, but I will offer my opinions nonetheless.

Several unorthodox aspects of PerlQt which Eric wants to revert are addressed by Moose these \
days, and, given a second chance, I would remove the "this" hacketry and adopt Moose syntactic \
sugar to enable pleasant Qt programming. If the decisions I made 8 years ago no longer apply, \
I'm not going to shed a tear of they're improved upon.

I feel that Chris has a good grasp on how to take PerlQt into the future, and its future will \
be better off in his hands than mine.

- Ashley Winters