List:       kde-bindings
Subject:    [Kde-bindings] Python DataEngine problem
From:       Luca Beltrame <einar () heavensinferno ! net>
Date:       2008-12-28 15:12:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

Hello,

I've been starting to play with Plasma and Python (KDE 4.2 beta 2), and I've
been trying to create a simple DataEngine. I wonder if these should be
installed as packages, with plasmapkg, or with something else, because I can't
seem to get them to work in the engine explorer.

I always get these errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):                                                    \
  File "/usr/share/kde4/apps/plasma_scriptengine_python/pydataengine.py", line
43, in init
    self.module = __import__(self.plugin_name+'.main')                                \

ImportError: No module named main                                                     \
 Traceback (most recent call last):                                                   \
  File "/usr/share/kde4/apps/plasma_scriptengine_python/pydataengine.py", line
58, in sources
    return self.pydataengine.sources()                                                \

AttributeError: pydataengine                                                          \
 Traceback (most recent call last):                                                   \
  File "/usr/share/kde4/apps/plasma_scriptengine_python/pydataengine.py", line
64, in sourceRequestEvent
    return self.pydataengine.sourceRequestEvent(name)                                 \

AttributeError: pydataengine

My main.py and metadata.desktop files are attached, but it must be noted that
this happens also with the sample DataEngine code present in SVN
(plasma_dataengine_pytime; exactly the same error).

Is there anything I'm doing wrong, or is there a bug?

I apologize in advance if the quality of the code is rather crude, I was just
trying an experiment.

Thanks!

P.S.: Please CC me in replies, I'm not subscribed.

["main.py" (text/x-python)]

#!/usr/bin/env python

from PyQt4.QtCore import *
from PyKDE4.kdecore import *
from PyKDE4 import plasmascript
from Bio import Entrez # querying functions

class PyEUtilsEngine(plasmascript.DataEngine):

    def __init__(self, parent, args=None):
        plasmascript.DataEngine.__init__(self, parent)

    def init():

        Entrez.email = "testa_testa@graffiti.net"
        self.setMinimumPollingInterval(3000) # To comply with NCBI regulations

    def sources(self):

        sources = ["NCBI"]
        return sources

    def sourceRequestEvent(self, name):
        return updateSourceEvent(name)

    def updateSourceEvent(self, gene):

        handle = Entrez.esearch(name, db="gene")
        data = Entrez.read(handle)
        idlist = data["IdList"]

        self.setData("Genes",QVariant(idlist))

        return True

def CreateDataEngine(parent):
    return PyEutilsEngine(parent)

["metadata.desktop" (application/x-desktop)]