List:       kde-bindings
Subject:    Re: [Kde-bindings] Problem when doing Ruby Plasma
From:       Florian Falkner <florian.falkner () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-30 16:42:22

> It looks like you need a plugin version entry in your .desktop file for the
> applet:
>
> X-KDE-PluginInfo-Version=0.1
>
> I'm not sure if 0.1 is right, but it should be something like that.
Mhmm, the entry is present. Could it be that krubypluginfactory is the problem?

> There are now two ways to write Plasma applets in Ruby - the first is using
> the C++ api as described in the tutorial on techbase, and the second is using
> the new ScriptEngine based ruby bindings. You should really use the
> ScriptEngine api if possible as it allows the plasmoid packaging mechanism to
> be used. I've been meaning to add some examples of how to use the
> ScriptEngine api to write applets, and the only documentation at the moment
> is my blog about it:
>
> Writing Plasma Applets in C# and Ruby
> http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3560
Thanks, I've read the blog, but couldn't follow the example. In fact I'm stuck at \
that sentence, which is somehow unclear to me:

"Here is an example of the Tiger applet for showing an svg in Ruby, it is always \
called 'main.rb' with class 'Main' in the module with the same module name as the \
applet's directory (converted to camel case), under a directory called \
'tiger/contents/code':"

Where do I have to place the folder "tiger/contents/code/main.rb", that it get's \
recoginzed by the scriptengine? Or is it "tiger/contents/code/tiger/main.rb"? I've \
compiled KDE4 under "/home/kde-devel/kde" with kdesvnbuild.

Thanks for your patience :-)

Florian