On 10/16/06, Paulo J. Matos wrote: > Hi all, > > Can't seem to find a way to build smoke for KDE4. I'm looking into > kdebindings SVN but no cmake/configure utility files. How can I do > this? > Well, this evening has been a great adventure. As someone wishing to create bindings for KDE4 I went on to build kdebindings svn, naively thinking that would be easy. (with the help of David Faure and comments from Thiago) - I pulled SVN, no way to make. - Had to get unsermake from kdenonbeta trunk, make -f Makefile.cvs worked. - Tried to configure. Couldn't detect libQtGui_debug. After a billion symlinks in qt-unstable/lib dir I got it right. - Configure went on and stopped due to its search for kdewidgets.la... but kdewidgets.la don't exist anymore since KDE4 doesn't seem to use .la. Edited admin/acinclude.m4.in. - Configure went on and finished to what seem to be... successful. - make doesn't work: kdebindings $ make WARNING: use unsermake instead of make or use a wrapper script, e.g. makeobj!!! /home/kdedev/unsermake/unsermake all ERROR:dcopperl/Makefile: FULLPERL defined twice smoke/kde/Makefile.am: there are dependencies for the source file x_1.cpp without rules to generate it. This should most probably read as dependencies for the object file. and quite some other errors like this... Is there a way out of here? If I try to proceed to build smoke (that's the only thing I need): (after qtguess.pl which was already run by configure) kdebindings/smoke/qt $ ./generate.pl Found 'qtdefines'. Reading preprocessor symbols from there... kalyptus: no input files. Please... any suggestions? Regards, Paulo Matos > Regards, > -- > Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk > http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm > PhD Student @ ECS > University of Southampton, UK > -- Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm PhD Student @ ECS University of Southampton, UK _______________________________________________ Kde-bindings mailing list Kde-bindings@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-bindings