List:       kde-bindings
Subject:    Re: [Kde-bindings] Qt4, Smoke + C# status?
From:       Simon Edwards <simon () simonzone ! com>
Date:       2006-04-21 18:20:32

On Friday 21 April 2006 17:19, Richard Dale wrote:> On Friday 21 April 2006 15:17, \
Simon Edwards wrote:> > > SmokeInvocation.cs will work with both Qt3 and Qt4, but the \
C/C++ code in> > > qt3handlers.cpp and qt3qyoto.cpp needs porting to Qt4 in \
handlers.cpp and> > > qyoto.cpp. It isn't difficult to port the code as far as I can \
remember,> > > if you want to have a try. The changes should be pretty much the same \
as> > > in the Qt3 vs. Qt4 QtRuby code.> >> > I fixed up handlers.cpp and qyoto.cpp \
to use Qt4 and they still compile.> Do you mean you copied the code in \
qt3handlers.cpp/qt3qyoto.cpp to > handlers.cpp/qyoto.cpp, and then ported it to Qt4? \
errr... not when I wrote that email. I've since merged the stuff from the qt3 \
versions into handlers.cpp and qyoto.cpp, replaced the classes with Qt4 and fixed the \
incompatibilities (read: made it compile again.) oh, and I updated the mega-swtich \
statement based on the changes done to qtruby. I've checked it all in now.
> If so, please check it  > into the svn if you like. There is a lot more code in the \
> qt3* ones as that > was what we were working on. The code in handlers.cpp/qyoto.cpp \
> should have > built with Qt4, but are completely out of date. The slots/signals \
> stuff in the qt3* files to create a QMetaObject, is quite > different and will need \
> some changing, but can be just commented out as > custom slots/signals weren't \
> implemented yet anyway.
I did.
cheers,
-- Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog \
Firewallsimon@simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/Nijmegen, The \
Netherlands | "ZooTV? You made the right \