List:       kde-bindings
Subject:    Re: [Kde-bindings] Common work for Qt4 bindings
From:       Eric Jardim <ericjardim () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-09-10 4:28:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

2005/9/10, Marcus <mathpup@mylinuxisp.com>:

> That is not entirely correct. GCCXML does not handle uninstantiated
> templates.
> Instantiated templates do appear in the output. GCCXML uses GCC for its
> parsing, so it is capable of parsing anything GCC can. It is just that
> uninstantiated templates are not handled by the part that analyzes the
> parsed
> code and produces the XML.

That is good, so. Now we have something concrete.

I have written an app that reads in GCCXML input and represents the various
> C++ declarations as objects and such. It does not yet handle templates. I
> have not looked at this in a few months.

My idea is to separate 3 stages:
1 - query the C++ for classes, functions and enums, and all Qt specific info
(not sure if GCCXML can handle this part)
2 - select which of them will be wrapped with meta-data info, like hints.
With this hints, everyone can make your own bindings, respecting every
language features and limitations.
3 - Generate the bindings (this is specific for each language). It may also
be the Smoke library.

It is written in C#, which seems to
> be hated by anyone who deals with KDE, however.

Hehehe, don't be sad. This work intent is to be language free. That is the
more important and noble goal. Keep people "tastes" aside.

[Eric Jardim]