List:       kde-bindings
Subject:    Re: [Kde-bindings] RE: KDE.NET
From:       Richard Dale <Richard_Dale () tipitina ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-04-22 20:03:50

On Thursday 22 April 2004 20:47, Martin Welch wrote:
> >>I suppose the tradeoff is that if you wrote the logic in C#,
> >>you be more likely to get other people to help out than if
> >>they needed to write it in C++.
>
> We'll need lots of both :)
>
> >>The only thing is a name clash, if I start calling the SMOKE
> >>Qt ones Qt.NET. What about Qt.SWF instead, does that seem
> >>a good one?
>
> Do you mean the project name or the namespaces? If it's the project name
> I'd prefer to call mine KDE.NET rather than Qt.SWF since KDE.NET more
> accurately reflects my goal. But the project name is the least of my
> worries!
OK - no problem. I like name 'Kimono' for wrapping the KDE api in C# because
it's 'sexy' I suppose :). I think people would assume that KDE.NET wrapped
the KDE api, and that it wasn't a version of SWF based on the KDE widgets.
What is the Gtk# version of SWF called - do they have a different name?

-- Richard