Hi For .Net/Mono/pnet you have to track both, the managed and the reall c++ object to be able to handle repartending of widgets (eg QWidget::reparent) and derived classes correctly, without risking that one of them gets deleted by the garbage collector, that's what Adam tries to do with the managedObject void* pointer. It makes things easier Kind regards Joseph Wenninger Am Sam, 2003-01-11 um 12.26 schrieb Richard Dale: > On Friday 10 January 2003 8:20 pm, Adam Treat wrote: > > Richard, > > > > I just wanted to show you an example of our subset of QtC. This only > > includes the ctors at the moment (not the virtuals) but the important piece > > is the typedef ;) The inclusion of the typedefs in the xml metadata really > > increases the amount of ctors/methods in QtC. > I'm not quite sure what problem you are solving here. What does that > 'managedObject' instance variable do - why not just return an instance of > QApplicationGlue and use that? I don't convert any of the methods with HANDLE > and 'Display *' types because they're X11 specific, and I'm only interested > in a cross platform api (in java anyway). > > 'QApplication *' is a C++ type, and I wouldn't have thought you could bracket > it within an extern "C" {.. } block as you've done below. > > -- Richard _______________________________________________ Kde-bindings mailing list Kde-bindings@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-bindings