List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:Which licence are KDE-icons ?
From:       ante <vitanova () softhome ! net>
Date:       2001-01-22 19:11:52

Yes, you can use them. KDE is GPL'ed. The GPL is made for code, so there was
a plan to make a GPL sort of art license for the KDE artwork. Up till now
that special license is not there. So the artwork is under the overall,
general license for KDE, the GPL. Under the GPL you have to keep the header,
oa to acknowledge the original authors. The equivalent for artwork is to
acknowledge where the work came from, in the header or the help section. I
guess the help section is better since artists will not always look at the
code :-)

Note I'm no official KDE spokesman, but I did study law a few years, the
above seems quite valid to me.

Ante

http://www.amorvita.org