List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: Rivyn's Creations - First 4 icons revision 2
From:       Ante Wessels <vitanova () softhome ! net>
Date:       1999-12-20 23:20:11

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999, Casey Allen Shobe wrote:

> Okay, I tried my icons in my toolbars, and they didn't look quite good enough,
> so I modified them, AND named them correctly.

The file icon (the one showing up in kfm - guess these ones are called the
mime-types) in KDE is a page blowing in the wind. Personally i do not like it
much. Call me old fashioned, i like the straight rectangle. So, if it is going
to be the icon in the tool bar as well, for me it would not be an improvement.
Especially the tool bar can use simple icons.

BTW:  on the first of Dec. M. Elter posted this message:

**********************************

Hi

Are some artists around? (Torsten?)
I need help with drawing some custom cursors for kis. If somebody with more
artistic talent than me (not hard to find ;-) could get back to me I can write a
short cursor HOWTO for you.

We also need a nice icon set...I currently use GIMP icons ;-) for the
tool-toolbar.

Greetings, Matthias

--
Matthias Elter
elter@kde.org / m_elter@t-online.de

So, there is a possibility to do some icons which have never been done before
(in KDE) - might be more effective and rewarding.

Best regards,

Ante