List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: Tonight's Doodle
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       1999-12-19 15:57:00

Casey Allen Shobe wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Dec 1999, Daniel Bigham wrote:
> > I spent a couple hours playing around with pixels tonight... nothing
> > special, though :)
> >
> > Check out:
> >
> > http://www.nglhq.com/set2.gif
> >
> > -Daniel
>
> What I like about your icons is the consistancy across all of them (the
> standard background.  True, you may not want to use one background for every
> single icon in the system, for for filetype icons, for example, I think that
> all "documents" should have a standard background, like the paper, with a
> foreground representing the more individual type, while image files should have
> another standard background with individual foregrounds, same with audio files,
> executable/binary/zipped files.  I was also thinking, once we both refine our
> work a bit and settle on some standards, we should work as a team to get things
> done quicker.  I'll make 48x48 icons (44x44 is the actual picture) and you can
> translate those into simple tiny icons - or vice versa.
>
> Let me know what you think about this :)
FYI we just got a new set of IMO really great high color icons for KDE
1.1.2. Both mimetype and application icons. So I think it's not
neccessary to redo them all again but instead put your work in other
needed stuff as e.g. toolbar icons or a few default themes for 2.0.

Just my 0.02 euro(as a non artist)

Greets

Michael
--
Michael Reiher
     Student at Dresden University of Technology