List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: Extending the shaft
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () rikkus ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-09-13 19:25:00

#if Torsten Rahn
> *accidently* apparently most of these icons didn't get into the CVS.

I understand (having looked at the way I have to organise this) this this
is a major headache.

Today I've been coming up with a way to solve the problem.

Guess what, it's a script :)

Currently it checks the sizes of all icons to ensure they're correct,
and I'm also some way towards checking palette usage of low-colour icons.

I have managed to do an automatic check that icons are using PseudoColour
palette, but unfortunately it only works on some (I converted all to png
first). Those that come out as PseudoColour, I can check the number of
colours used (some magic with ImageMagick) but I can't check the actual
palette used.

I want to be able to check:
* The right icons are in the right places (getting there)
* Sizes (done)
* Palette (getting there)
* Black border (er...)

There are only two ways I can think of to check that the low color icons
are using the correct palette. One is to write a Gimp script - though I have
no idea how to write it :) The other is to use the xpm versions, and
use a perl script to ensure that each colour used is within the KDE palette.

If anyone has an easier way, please let me know.

As for checking the black border, that would involve something like doing a
flood fill from each transparent pixel and checking that it hits (0,0,0)
pixels. This would probably have to be a gimp script, though I might be
able to script it in Vim (fun !)

Any ideas for this would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Rik