List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Extending the shaft
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () rikkus ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-09-08 13:20:11

Torsten's off to work on some big project and won't be mailing or working for
three months. I guess he forgot to cc the list.

Actually, I performed a bloody coup and he's buried under my patio ;)

Torsten filled in the gaps in my plan:

-----------------------

Icons should sit on the back burner for a while. There's been enough work
done on them for now.

As well as backgrounds, themes, screensaver, we should concentrate on
web stuff (for kde-artists and KDE in general), logos, gfx for KDE docs.

-----------------------

I've written a rather long-winded tutorial on drawing icons. You can
find it at http://without.netpedia.net/icon_tips/

I'll fix this up a bit and put it somewhere on www.kde.org or developer.kde.org

We could do with some introduction to what the artists team does, who
the members are, what work we have done (links to screenshots, icons, etc).
This should also include things like style guides, tutorials etc. Much of
this can be links to e.g. the screenshots page on www.kde.org and the icon
style guide on developer.kde.org. Also important will be information about
how to join the team, what we're planning for KDE 2, and how to get
involved.

If anyone wants to volunteer for this, go ahead. Otherwise I'll do it this
weekend.

Cheers,
Rik