List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Theme designer (was Re: Black shaft)
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1999-09-08 0:54:37

Hi guys. I know I promised the theme designer for KDE2.0 in a long distant past
and I am sorry it is not usable yet. A couple of things have happened which
took up most of my time. I first added a bunch of effects and now need to do
new effects dialogs, then I decided to do a rewrite of the widget theme classes
(this will be worth it when you see what it can do, trust me :), and this past
week or so I became very busy with the new Mandrake release and was not in
KDE2.0 at all :(

Luckily, that has calmed down now and I can focus back on KDE2. Some things to
note is that the config file format for KDE2.0 widget themes will have
completely changed in order to be easier to use, quite a few more widgets will
have both pressed and normal configurations, some widgets will be
able to have pixmapped highlights, more widgets will be able to have
transparent masking, and there there will be some new effects such as pixmap
auto-bevel).

All neat stuff, but for those of you already experimenting with widget themes
you will have to rewrite them, and each thing I add to the core delays the
designer a little more.

mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com