List:       kde-artists
Subject:    ANNOUNCE: Heading for KDE 1.1.2 release (Week 15)
From:       Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel <mhk () caldera ! de>
Date:       1999-09-02 12:52:23

Welcome to week 15 of our release journey.

This is probably on of the last release announcements, so
please read carefully!

The tarballs for the release will be made on Monday, 6th of
September. Therefore, I would suggest that we should not allow
any changes other than commiting the missing icons from now
on.

PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE KDE_1_1_BRANCH NOW!

If there are problems with the current code, discuss it on
kde-devel. In case there is a real showstopper, we will delay
the release. In all other cases, we will treat the problem as
a known error.

Please note that the release of the tarballs _is not_ the
release of KDE 1.1.2! This will take place exactly a week
later, when the binaries are ready. The tarball rollout is
mainly intented for the packagers. So don't post it to
slashdot and the likes, as a lot can happen before we finally
release. Server problems, showstoppers and thinks like that
have been there in previous releases.

Ok, two more weeks and we are done.

     1. Start of release		Week 1

     2. Application Freeze       	     4

     3. Translations                         6+x
==>
     4. Source release                       8+x

     5. Final release                        9+x

Current estimate: x = 8 weeks

TODO:

There are still some icons missing. They will be commited at
least at the weekend.

Bye,
Matthias.