List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 1.2-Preview: eyecandy.png
From:       "Ming Poon" <mingp () corel ! com>
Date:       1999-07-27 16:49:04

Stephan Kulow wrote:

> You can trademark words? I don't think so. And the icon is not even
> borrowed
> from Apple. The only thing the can have trademarked is the service, but
> then it doesn't help you to call it different.

I had the same questions. But apparently they are trademarked by Apple.
That's why MS avoid this whole issue at all and use recycle bin. If you think
this sounds stupid, I was told by our lawyers that IBM had a patent which
will expire soon that almost everyone is infringing on. Supposedly,
highlighting a selection is an IBM patent dated back to over a decade ago.
Sadly, I think in 5 more years, everything we do will most certainly be
infringing on some really stupid patents or trademarks. Thanks.

--
Visit ClipartCity.com to access 1 Million images for one low, low price!
http://www.ClipartCity.com

["mingp.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]