List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: You need help?
From:       Torsten Rahn <rahn () astrophysik ! uni-kiel ! de>
Date:       1999-06-16 11:33:39

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Gernot Bauer wrote:
Hi Gery,

> Dear kde-artists-team,
>
> first, you're doing a good job!!!
>
> I read in kde-devel that you need some help creating new icons for
> KDE2.0(?). Matthias told me to contact this list...
> So how can I help you and what exactly do you need.
> Are there some rules or design-guides for kde-icons?

Yepp,

Have a look at

ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/icons/easteregg2.jpg

and download

ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/icons/kde2-icons230599.tar.gz

please, and *read* you_want_to_read_this.txt very carefully as
it contains the very important style-guides.

After that you could start to draw icons. Please paint the
48x48pixel versions of the following icons:

colors.xpm
background.xpm (have a look at the existing large versions of
                konsole and network-package to match the style ...)
fonts.xpm

Please tell me ASAP if you can do this until next Wednesday
(or perhaps at least some of them). It's no problem if you
don't have the time to do this but I need to know about it now
to ask somebody else in this case.

> Are there any special tools which I shall use for creating the icons (or
> better what do you use?)

I prefer to use The GIMP 1.1.4.

> Im really looking forward to joining your team.

We are happy that you decided to join us.

Viele Gruesse nach Oesterreich,

> Gery

Torsten