List:       kde-artists
Subject:    RE:
From:       Martin Konold <konold () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-27 10:40:04

On Thu, 27 May 1999, Stefan Taferner wrote:

> > I think we should take an autoprobe approach regarding cdroms and floppy.
>
> Hmm... it could be done by a script that parses /etc/fstab and looks for
> the filesystem types "iso9660", "vfat", "msdos", etc.
>
> But this would only work on Linux I fear.  Well, OTOH, it would be possible to
> create a list of systems and the file system names that shall be scanned for.
>
> Hmm.... still possible....

Well, the script could test via uname for Linux and can easily be expanded
for other OSs.

What is the current policy? Can I expect a working perl?

Regards,
-- martin

// Martin Konold, Herrenbergerstr. 14, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
// Email: konold@kde.org                                         //
KDE:  A stable GUI for a reliable OS.
UNIX: Everything including a device is a file.
KDE:  Everything including a file is a URL.