List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: Mimetype icons on upload.kde.org
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-18 2:22:21

Hi Szymon,

Szymon Stefanek wrote:

> I've uploaded some new icons to
>
> ftp://upload.kde.org/pub/kde/Incoming/icon_update_180599.tar.gz
>
> Not so much work in this week-end... my studies and my work continue \
> "hammering" me.

> -)))

> Anyway , there is a first "easy" attempt to make the ark icon , some new \
> ideas for the library icons , the perl mimetype document , a "tape \
> archive" icon  , and a couple of old icons updated.

Some comments:

tape archive: Could you also paint the icon for the Tape Backup Tool?
It should look exactly like the tape on your icon -- just bigger.

ark: I like ark_1_4 most. -- but could you bend/enlarge the parts at
the top a little bit more like in the original icon (you said this was
a first "easy" attempt so you probably already intended to do so ...)
This is important to make clear that thereīs a difference between
the package icon and the ark icon. And how about making a slight
star-like hollow around the arrow? Would that look better/increase
the contrast between arrow and package?

perl icon: wouldnīt it look much better if you would scale the perl down
again
to make it 4 pixel wider than now? -- I mean: this icon is soooooo
beautiful
that it would be a shame if we would loose too much beauty because of
this
damn process of scaling the icon down ... :-( BTW: I think we should
include
your original icon in the main-distribution as well --- not belonging to
any app. Just to make the user have an additional icon for choice.

lib-icon: I think we should go with lib_1_4. Those coloured versions
look
very strange ...

I donīt understand the purpose of the kfmconfig.directory icon -- could
you explain me?

Nevertheless Iīll include these icons into kde2-icons180599.tar.gz

> -) CU,
Torsten