List:       kde-artists
Subject:    [kde-artists] Start-up sound - Alpha 1
From:       Ernesto_Manríquez <alejandronova () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-06-05 16:31:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I was tracking the discussion. If I understand well:

1. You want to get rid of the current KDE start-up sound. It's too long,
incoherent with the current elegance marketing theme, and consequently my
attempt to make another sound compatible with it is long too and it has to
be scrapped. So, compatibility with the current sound theme is not an issue=
.

2. I'm sending now a new sound, beta quality (it lacks post processing and
the tones are not final) based in a completely new concept: a tritone,
symbolizing three letters (KDE), and with a soothing, yet compelling,
sound. I've done a piano intro for that and the total length is 4 secs. If
we get rid of the piano intro we can cut ~1,3 s, so we can get a pretty
good start up with a 2,7 sec length.

3. I want you to beta test this. Ideally, this should be the start up sound
for KDE 4.11 beta 1. I know there is a deadline (July 8th, Artwork and
Binding Freeze) and I want to make full use of it to test my changes.

4. Aaron, ideally, for branding purposes, we must load the start up sound
with the splash screen. The splash screen and the sound must be an unity,
to introduce our desktop. Is that possible?

Well, here it is, attached to this mail. It's 74 KB, so it won't be an
issue for many of you.

Ernesto Manr=EDquez.