List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] [Back to Basics] Better animation for KWin effects
From:       Martin =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4=DFlin?= <mgraesslin () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-10-14 12:16:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 30 September 2012 18:35:47 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> Hi kde-artists,
>
> (please CC me in replies, I'm not subscribed)
Hi all,

so I want to pick up this thread again :-) Thanks to the great work of our
community we have now a nice overview of all the animations provided by KWin
[1].

Looking at it I can extract the following base animations:
* Translucency changes (fade in/out, crossfade)
* Darken/Brightness changes (dim, undim)
* Movements

I would like to work on having a base setup for these animations in 4.10.
Particular I would like to focus on:
* From translucency to opaque
* From opaque to translucent
* Both at the same time for different set of windows

* From bright to dark
* From dark to bright
* Both at the same time

If I get suggestions on how long these animations should be and which shape
they should be I will implement the first version and adjust the effects.
Further fine-tuning we can do till the artwork freeze :-)

Best Regards
Martin

[1] http://community.kde.org/KWin/Animations