List:       kde-artists
Subject:    [kde-artists] Creating ksplashx themes from standard icons
From:       Ian Malone <ibmalone () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-09-21 11:25:11

Hi,

I'm looking at customising a KDE4 ksplashx theme for the Fedora Jam
(audio creation) spin
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Audio_creation_spin_development as it's
early days we're just planning to take some media-related KDE icons
and use them as the splash icons. However to look nice this needs to
have the fade-in animation and reflections that the default splash
icons do. I can imagine that maybe the reflections are manually
tweaked, but can't really believe the fade-ins (anim pngs) are done by
hand, is there a tool or a script that's used for this? (I know
there's prepanim in the ksplashx source, but this only combines the
frames to a single png, the fade-in animations seem to be a
combination of blurring and alpha-channel) Any recipe for the
reflections if one exists would also be welcome.

Thanks for your time,
Ian
--
imalone