List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] please turn off label animations...
From:       Diego Moya <turingt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-01-05 11:46:34

I'm not sure if this will help - I'm not in Trunk and haven't seen the
label animations (is there a screencast available?).

From the description of the problem you have with the label animation,
it seems what you need is the "One-second Spotlight" pattern instead
of the "Fade-in Transition". See URLs below for descriptions:
http://ajaxpatterns.org/One-Second_Spotlight
http://developer.yahoo.com/ypatterns/richinteraction/transition/fadein.html

> Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
> This /does/ alter the user interaction experience, by delaying the
> display of information.
The Fade-in does indeed delay the display of information, whereas the
Spotlight does not. It changes the value instantly and the animation
is a bright background, quickly fading out to the original color. This
accomplishes the desired effect of bringing attention to the value
change, is not as intrusive as the gradual fade-in, and is a common
idiom used in several popular webpages.

Would this address your concerns?