List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Bug 163311
From:       Kenneth Wimer <wimer () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-06-28 23:06:03

On Sunday 29 June 2008 00:35:47 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> pinheiro wrote:
> > A Saturday 28 June 2008 22:59:02, James Richard Tyrer escreveu:
>
> <SNIP>
>
> >> Please don't take offense at it, do something about it.  If there wasn't
> >> truth to it, I wouldn't say it.  We have "jpetso" and "pinheiro" being
> >> rather clear that they don't want help, yet the work doesn't get done.
> >> This is a syndrome that, unfortunately, exists in volunteer
> >> organizations.
> >
> > I do want help just not yours.
> > your help is not needed here thanks.
>
> QED

Let's put it this way, you've tried my patience again and again but I am
pretty much a jerk myself and I know how to take what I can dish it out BUT
in community matters I (try as much as possible) to stay out of such issues
in order not to piss everyone off.

Sorry to say it, but you have apparently pissed quite a few people off and
some of them no longer want to work with you. I honestly think that your
contribution is needed and very rewarding for us as a project - there should
always be someone who plays the devils advocate if not for anything more than
to make people think about things twice. Unfortunately your demeanor and tone
results in people not wanting to working with you.

Once in a while I get pissed off so much that I simply give up..."let things
be", I think, "that crap will never really come to be" and funny enough until
now I have been correct. Then again, maybe it is the fact that I am willing
to accept the state of things and work towards something better without
stepping on toes in the process.

Working in a community means more than just following your logical process. It
also involves dealing with other people and community decisions.

As I write this I know that you'll respond in detail to everything. I have no
problem with that but starting another rant, as you say, is just a waste of
time so you can leave it be.

--
Kenneth