List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Bug 163311
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-06-16 6:52:32

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 01:13:28PM -0700, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 11:11:04AM -0700, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> >> If our leader tells us that black is white and most of us believe
> >> him, then as far as we are concerned, black is white
> >>
> > what exactly is the purpose of this statement at this point? so far,
> > i have seen nobody "follow" aaron on that point.
>
> And why do you follow him rather than the F.D.o standard?

as far as i'm concerned, somebody *might* have made a mistake and you
are bringing it up. no following anyone so far.
ok, so you are bringing it up about the 15th time, aaron didn't share
your opinion before and (almost) nobody else seems to have an opinion.
big deal.

> > you don't exactly gain mindshare by imputing that everyone will
> > thoughtlessly follow some assumed leader.
>
> But, that is what is happening, isn't it?

or could it be that simply noone gives a damn, even if you do have a
point theoretically? that things are "good enough" and nobody sees a
need to even think about alternatives?

> I could have simply said that 'reason has been supplanted by politics'

which would be equally nonsensical.

Confusion, chaos, panic - my work here is done.