List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] [RFC] Icons "view" & "view-close"
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2008-06-02 0:04:31

Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> On Sunday, 1. June 2008, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
>>> The problem occurs with both Inkscape and The GIMP.
>> I do about 99.99% of my work with inkscape and am pretty sure that
>> it works just fine. Look at the attached png file, the lines are
>> nice and crisp - that is exported from inkscape.
>
> I can confirm that, SVGs render very well to small sizes if aligned
> at pixel boundaries.

An infinite number of true instances don't disprove that something
doesn't work part of the time -- you can't prove a negative hypothesis.

I have examples showing the problem.  But, I don't know the exact cause.

> Maybe you're using different resolutions for the page design and the
> actual export?

This is an interesting theory, but although I was making reductions, it
isn't making reductions that causes the problem.  Although, not making a
reduction might fix the problem.

--
JRT