List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] [icon naming] "zoom" vs. "page-zoom"
From:       Jakob Petsovits <jpetso () gmx ! at>
Date:       2008-05-29 16:26:56

On Thursday, 29. May 2008, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> I try to respect this policy:
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/SVN_Commit_Policy#Don.27t_commit_if_other_
>developers_disagree
>
> Do you?

Sure. When I committed the icon, there was no indication of a large
disagreement like this, and considering that we now have this situation,
I do try to resolve the changes on the mailing lists.

> And finally, you don't seem to understand what the "zoom" icon if for.
> It's main purpose is as show in the HIG:
>
> 	View -> Zoom
>
> http://wiki.openusability.org/guidelines/index.php/Image:Menus_standard_vie
>w_guidelines_view.png
>
> I don't see that this has anything to do with "page".

I am open to anything that is not "zoom". dobey just indicated on IRC that the
ArtLibreSet is nowhere near authorative, and I would be perfectly happy with
e.g. "document-zoom", "tool-zoom", "zoom-tool", whatever.

As long as other zoom-* icons don't fall back to it.

Regards,
  Jakob