List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Default win deco change problem
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-05-28 21:59:57

Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> Yesterday a style change in default window decoration Ozone (addition of blue
> stripes in the titlebar) makes all screenshots for doc obsolete. That might
> sounds as a small thing but for people who care about doc it looks bad. And
> we are in a 2 weeks doc marathon, 1 week being already done.
>
> I would like to ask for a windeco and style freeze at the same time as the
> other freeze as it has impact on other work.
>
> We said artwork is not frozen but nobody considered that style/win deco
> changes make other work changing too.

Hmm... for doc, it's probably a good idea for *all* strictly-cosmetic
art to be frozen. This means obvious bug fixes, addition of previously
missing elements, etc, should be allowed, but changing something for the
sake of changing it is obviously a gray area. At least, as you say, I
think it could make sense to limit or disallow changes that have a
highly visible impact.

I'm with Sebastian though that this particular change was needed. (Btw,
on that note, someone privately sent me positive feedback on
http://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=24581&action=view; I've no idea
when or if I'd be able to implement that; anyone want to help out?)

--
Matthew
There are lies, and damn lies... and then there is marketing