List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Kjots application icon and
From:       Jakob Petsovits <jpetso () gmx ! at>
Date:       2008-05-26 17:12:21

On Thursday, 22. May 2008, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> On Wednesday, 21. May 2008, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> > I copied part of x-office-address-book and folder-new to make
> > x-office-address-book-new.
> >
> > Let me know if this is an acceptable way to make icons, because I'll also
> > need a -remove icon that I can make the same way.
>
> That's how I do it as well when I combine icons, and perfectly acceptable.
> However, good icons will also need small sizes so they don't look blurry
> at, say, 22x22 or 32x32 where they're used most often.

And here they are!
Fresh in SVN, you can now use address-book-new looking good in all sizes.

Still not skilled enough to create a KJots icon from scratch...
but it's a start, isn't it?

> > I notice there are a lot of different (+) decorations in the icons where
> > the width of the + is different. Is that deliberate or should they be
> > more consistent? (eg, contact-new and bookmark-new).
>
> Hm, I didn't yet notice the width being different for those...
> it's hardly recognizable when looking at them, even when having read
> this becore. The size can't differ by significant amounts, I think.
> Should probably be consistent, though.

Ah, now I get it!

You probably meant the different pluses for the same icon in different sizes.
Yeah, that's a fact of life, we do seperate small versions in order to make
the icons sharper - slightly different line widths might be a side effect of
this.

Wishes (and thanks for the initial hi-res icon),
  Jakob