List:       kde-artists
Subject:    [kde-artists] Here we Go Again!
From:       andi silva <anditosan () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-01-07 4:04:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Ok my friends, let me tell you that one of the wallpapers I submitted got accepted to \
be part of the default shipping of KDE4. We struggled quite a bit trying to get the \
artist's permission to use it but I believe that it was absolutely worth it. Why? \
Because we thought about it.

As far as Oswald goes, it is important for him and people like him to understand that \
if you don't like defaults, you can always change them. We also based our work in \
under OPEN standards (but this does not mean that it was not professional) so that \
the work put into it could be accessible for all. In the long run you will realize \
that there will always be changes applied to KDE and maybe at some point all artists \
will be happy with everything. Although I believe this is very unlike to happen. Just \
imagine so many people trying to come together to certain agreements on what is good \
and easy looking like a picture and what is not. Let alone all the discussions that I \
and nuno pinheiro have all the time, and that is only 2 people.

So I insist, kde-artists did a great job in selecting the default wallpapers, and as \
soon as kde4 is out then Oswald will be enjoying its capabilities so much that he \
will change that which displeases him.

Andy

 Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.  \